Download eAudiobooks and eBooks for Free!
Greensboro Free Library offers over 11,000 free downloadable books and audiobooks through the Vermont Department of Libraries collection at Overdrive and its Libby App. Simply register for an account with your library card number to access new and popular titles. Here’s how you can do it at home, and please call if you need help!
1. Connect to Libby App and follow step 2, or download the Libby app on your Android or iOS device and follow step 3.
2. At the website, click the face icon (upper right) to access the menu. It will show you are at the Vermont Department of Libraries, with no cards yet. Click Add a Library Card. Find and click GFL in the dropdown menu under Choose a Location. The app will read, “Enter your library account details.” Proceed to step 4.
3. In the Libby App, click Yes that you have a card, type “Greensboro Free” in the search box, and select the Vermont Department of Libraries box showing GFL. Proceed to step 4.
4. Fill in your 14-digit card number: 2VSOO00000_ _ _ _ (the last four digits are specific to your account. Call or email for help).
5. Now you’re ready to explore! Click Preferences on the left to filter your choices by language, audience (child, teen, adult), format (audiobook or ebook), compatibility (e.g. Kindle), and availability. “Sort by” allows you to sort your results by date added, title, more. Click Apply Preferences to confirm.
6. Click Explore on the right to find guides to various collections, e.g. for teens, as well as links to What’s New, What’s Popular, What’s Available, and Subjects (featuring 97 different topics). Or, simply scroll down to explore featured collections.
7. Click a title you like. If it is available, you can read or listen to a short preview, or click Borrow to download the title for a 21-day period. If the title is in use by another patron, click Place a Hold, to learn when the title will be available and to reserve it.
Contact GFL for help: 802-533-2531; [email protected]