We’re OPEN and here’s a photo of some of our new books to entice you to come visit.
Call 802-533-2531 for more information. Our winter hours are Monday and Wednesday closed, Tuesday from 10:00-7:00, Thursday and Friday from 10:00-5:00, Saturday from 10:00 to 2:00 and Sunday from 11:30-1:30.
The first floor will accommodate 8 patrons and 2 staff members, and 10 more patrons may use the upstairs at one time. Remember to bring your mask and use the hand sanitizer by the door as you go in and out.
Curbside pickup will continue and is encouraged. Interlibrary loans and holds will also be available.
- Individual patrons are allowed, or in groups of two, or a family. Children under twelve must be accompanied by a responsible adult and must remain close to their parents.
- A minimum of six feet must be kept between individuals at all times and visits limited to 30 minutes.
- Remember to show off your beautiful mask! They must be worn by all persons in the library.
- Put hand sanitizer on your hands as you come in and leave.
- Two computers will be available by appointment with their keyboards cleaned and quarantined after use.
- Staff will assist if copying or scanning services are needed.
- The upstairs meeting room will be available for wi-fi on patron devices with one person at a table. Patrons need to wipe down their tables when leaving. Appointments will be needed to use the meeting room. No public meetings may be held at this time.
- The book sale is open. Come in and pick up some books to read on a rainy day. Payment may be made by check or cash but no change will be given.
- Makerspace (the arts & crafts room) is closed.
Changes will be posted as they happen. Keep your eyes on the library website and Facebook for changes.
The Library’s catalog is available online at the website, https://greensborofreelibrary.org/. Patrons can renew books and DVDS online, or browse the catalog to reserve books.
Recorded Books Digital (a service for free loans of E-books and E-audiobooks) is also available. Find out how to register and download books at Audio and Free Books on the You will need your library patron number. Please e-mail us at: [email protected] to request your GFL patron number.
Wi-fi access will still be available and you may access it from the parking lot and entrance room.
Thank you for your support during this time, and we hope to see you at the Library soon!
Library recommended pages for reliable information on Covid-19
Vermont Department of Health Covid-19 page: Includes Vermont specific updates and information, including guidance for individuals, businesses, schools and community groups
NEK Collaborative COVID-19 Resource List: This is a list of resources in this difficult time for those who have to stay at home because of the pandemic, having financial difficulties and many others they may need.
World Health Organization Covid-19 page: Information on the worldwide situation including statistics, maps, printable signs and recommendations.
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention Covid-19 page: includes information geared toward the U.S. including updated frameworks for mitigation.